My Beauty Is My Brain -Isabella Williams

Emeka Esogbue caught up with very beautiful Isabella Williams in Ibusa, Oshimili North Local Government Area of Delta State. Isabella, a model, fashion enthusiast and one of the contestants of the current Miss Nigeria University pageant spoke on her undying love for fashion, prettiness and how she hopes to win the pageant. She also spoke on how she managed to convince her mother to allow her feature in the contest. The 200-level Library and Information student of Delta State University, Abraka tells her own story in this interview.
Excerpts:
Emeka Esogbue: How may our readers meet you?
Isabella Williams: I am Isabella Chidinma Williams, the first in a family of six. Isabella is a 200-year level student, currently studying Library and Information Science at the Delta State University, Abraka. I believe so much in humanity and in love with nature. I am 5’11 feet tall.
Emeka Esogbue: (laughing) Chidinma, you are not only beautiful but amazingly tall. Doesn’t your height intimidate people of your opposite sex?
Isabella Williams: (laughs) Yes, some of them do feel intimidated, to tell you the truth. But the bold always want to compliment my height.
Emeka Esogbue: You recently featured in the preliminary stage of the Miss Nigeria University and sailed through. As we await the grand finale of this contest, can you please share with us what this Miss Nigeria University pageant is all about?
Isabella Williams: This pageant brings together beautiful girls from different universities in the country who gather to contest for the prestigious crown. Whoever wins this crown emerges as Miss Nigeria University. The pageant is unique in the sense that it’s all about decency. The finale of this year’s edition comes up in January 2014.
Emeka Esogbue: So many parents tend to discourage their girls from taking part in pageantries but against this odd, beautiful Chidinma is proudly in for the contest. How did you convince your own parents?
Isabella Williams: My mom has always been my support in all things but when it came to pageantry she completely differed but since it was what I always wanted, I took my time to persuade her to allow me feature in the contest, assuring her that it was a pageant of decency. When I told her that we would not appear in undies or expose our bodies she gave it her consideration and allowed me to contest.
Emeka Esogbue: Is Miss Nigeria University your first experience?
Isabella Williams: No, I have in the past contested for Miss Elegance Delta State and have also done other runway stuffs like modeling and fashion shows so I wouldn’t say I say I am new to it
Emeka Esogbue: Your manager must be doing a nice job…
Isabella Williams: (cuts in) No, I really don’t have a manager at the moment. I am just on my own.
Emeka Esogbue: (surprised) …But a lot of people may come to the conclusion that managers bring a great deal of professionalism to the table
Isabella Williams: Oh yeah! Managers play great roles but in my own case, most managers I have seen ask for something in return and Isabella is not ready to yield. Not even in this world will she give it a second thought. So I let them go. Anyone especially ladies who want to grow in life must never look back on such things. (Laughs)
Emeka Esogbue: As a student, does modeling affect your schooling?
Isabella Williams: It actually does not since I know when to apply them at their different time.
Emeka Esogbue: So should your fans expect that you go into modeling fully after your schooling?
Isabella Williams: My fans will love to see me excel in fashion. I love fashion because it is like a mirror that presents to the host exactly how the host appears. I just like fashion and may likely take it up as a profession in future.
Emeka Esogbue: Now what benefits are inherent in pageantry? What are these things that make young beautiful girls take to beauty pageant?
Isabella Williams: Well, it brings people together and where adequate trainings are duly given contestants in camp, one no doubt learns one or two things. Meeting people from different backgrounds and showcasing one’s inward and outward beauty for the world to appreciate the work of God can be very interesting because it leaves lasting memories. Don’t forget that it also comes with fame because where one eventually wears the crown she steps into the journey of eminence. Don’t forget too that the queen is meant to touch lives using her pet project as an instrument.
Emeka Esogbue: Does this mean that beautiful Isabella will when she has one proudly allow her willing daughter to take to pageantry?
Isabella Williams: Well, I won’t say o! Until I become married and blessed with a beautiful daughter. What I can only say is that it depends on the kind of pageantry she will be going for. Like this one, it is a decent one. Even if I have to allow her, it has to be something that will not expose her bodies. It won’t be something that will make people sees her in pants and bra. I will also encourage her to take to fashion. If at all, she wants to be a beauty queen, I will like it to be something that has to do with fashion as does her mother.
Emeka Esogbue: Bearing in the mind the beautiful girls I have seen in this contest, would you say it would make a tough one for you?
Isabella Williams: Well, I am like clay in the hand of God undergoing molding. Seriously, I would love to wear this crown because it is what I have been wishing for.
Emeka Esogbue: What qualities of beauty do you think you have over these other contestants?
Isabella Williams: You know before I used to say my selling point was my beauty, my height. Now I think my selling point is my brain because without brain, a human being is nothing. That’s what I have.
Emeka Esogbue: We know of your younger sister, Winifred. Is she also into pageantry?
Isabella Williams: No, she’s not. Winifred appreciates pageantry but she is not into it.
Emeka Esogbue: (pointing to her sister sitting by her) I have personally heard some people say, Winifred is Isabella’s motivator. How true is this?
Isabella Williams: (screams) my motivator? Hell no! If I am waiting for her to motivate me I will just grow old. (Laughs aloud) Anyway, she’s okay. She does her best to motivate me especially when I am down. She keeps me going.
Emeka Esogbue: And your pet project?
Isabella Williams: If I emerge Miss Nigeria University, I would centre my pet project on a talent haunt programme. We all know that there are so many youths out there with talents but they are not able to showcase it for lack of finance and other factors. We should give them the opportunity not only to showcase their talents but to believe in themselves. I will bring together people from different parts of Ibusa and Anioma as a whole and they can start selling from there.
Emeka Esogbue: Your final words to your fans
Isabella Williams: my advice for fellow youths is that they should work hard and give themselves self-esteem. They should also learn to carry themselves and never allow anyone to pull them down. They must persevere to make it in life.
Emeka Esogbue: Thank you, Chidinma.
Isabella Williams: Thank you too, Uncle Emeka. You guys will hear good news soon (laughs)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIAMOND JUBILEE AGE: 20 THINGS THE WORLD DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT FRED AJUDUA

A SHORT HISTORY OF OBOLLO CLAN IN ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA

SEE HOW ANIOMA PEOPLE DRESS ON THEIR TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE THE ERA OF USING OUR TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE TO PROMOTE ATTIRES OF OTHER GROUPS IN NIGERIA IS GONE