Skip to main content

Prayer saved my father during the war - Evangelist Felix Nyemike Nkadi



Prayer saved my father during the war
-       Evangelist Felix Nyemike Nkadi
On entering his office located in Lekki area of Lagos that morning, the arrangement of the office conveyed to me true sense of conviction. Evangelist Felix Nyemike Nkadi is a clergyman and Deliverance Minister with Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry (MFM), author and filmmaker with huge success; highly respected for his ability to tell stories. His movie, ‘My Wicked Uncle’ later converted to book sold more than 40,000 copies globally. The final year Law-student despite his pastoral background demonstrates knowledge and enthusiasm for his people’s culture, which stands him out. In this chat, Nkadi explains to EMEKA ESOGBUE issues of concern such as how he gave his life to Christ in his childhood, his planned contribution towards the development of Talents in Ibusa, why morality and cultural values have waned among Ibusa youths, the unity that Ibusa needs and a lot more. Excerpts:   
Emeka Esogbue: Now, let us start it this way, you are Evangelist Felix Nyemike Nkadi, I think our readers will like to know who Evangelist Nkadi is?
Nkadi: Thank you, Emeka Esogbue. My name is Felix Chukwunyemike Nkadi, an Evangelist, author, filmmaker and a lawyer in view. I hail from Idumuohene, Ogbeowele in Ibusa. I grew up in Ibusa up to 20 years of age before I came to Lagos to take up this career that has taken me to several countries of the world.
Emeka Esogbue: Evangelist Nkadi, as a clergy, can you share with our readers exactly how you came to know and accept Christ as your Lord and savior? How did it happen?
Nkadi: (smiles) Very good! Like every child, my father often took me to worship in Catholic Church, then my first encounter was in 1986 when something very unusual happened. As I returned from church and started praying; the prayer climaxed and got out of control as I began to shout. Then my uncle, who was staying quite close to us, sent his daughter to invite me. The more his daughter knocked on my door, the more I prayed. After that encounter, I discussed the Bible with my uncle. That really was my first great experience. I later joined Deeper Life Bible Church in Ibusa and rose to the head of Youth Evangelism and began to evangelize. In my St. Thomas’ College days in Ibusa, we had Scripture Union where we were always holding prayer meetings with other members including my friends from Holy Ghost Mission located in Umueze. Our S.U. leader in school led us to the baptism of the Holy Ghost in 1991, which was really a great experience for us as youths. You know the Bible says “train a child the way he should go, when he grows, he will not depart from it”. About seven of us who were members of the Scripture Union in 1991 are now Pastors in different Churches. When I came down to Lagos, I was attending another Pentecostal church with my elder sister, one day, in my usual prayers, I had a revelation in which God promised to take me to where I would worship him. I wondered where this church would be.
Then a preacher after preaching in a commercial bus in Lagos, announced Mountain of Fire, I had a leading in my spirit that I should worship in the church. At present, I am a member of the deliverance team and a Regional Coordinator of Men of Valour Group in MFM, where I have the privilege of teaching young men the principles of Prayer Warfare. I have preached in several churches both in Nigeria and abroad. (Pointing to the wall) This plaque hanging on the wall is from Amazing Love of God of Apostolic Church, an award of honour given to me in 2010. It was awarded to me as a proof of spiritual hard-work and earnest dedication towards the growth of morality and gospel of Jesus Christ. I have many other awards. Some Pastors from other Churches after reading my books invited me to preach and I enjoy preaching the word of God. It gives me joy to win souls for God. Thank you.

Emeka Esogbue: Now, apart from church matters, your indefatigability over your ability to effectively combine authorship, study of Law, film-making and church activities has been praised. How have you been able to achieve all these?
Nkadi: Yes! (Raises his hands and smiles) Let me say that by the special Grace of God, everything is possible with Him. One thing I value so much is time; I call it the currency of life, so I always try my best to utilize my time. Yes, I have the gift of entertainment which I inherited from my father. If you have stayed with my father even for few minutes, you will realize that he is a joyful heart. The Bible teaches us that every tree produces after its own kind. I thank God for the Grace. I believe in hard-work and I’m passionate about all I do. I see them as gift ordained for me to contribute my best to my generation. So I like to make people happy. It’s what you give to others that God would always give to you. My parents as predetermined, chose the name, ‘Felix’ as my baptismal name and I thereafter discovered that the name means ‘happiness’. Happiness is essential to life, the Bible advises in Isaiah 12:3 that with Joy, we draw water from the wells of salvation. Jesus says that His joy should remain in us, for our joy might be full. I do everything with joy and passion as my driving force. I have written and produced several Films since past ten years. When I wrote the film; ‘My Wicked Uncle’ in 2005, which I also published in book form because it sold very well, some people who read it were misguided to think that the story referred to my uncle but I never referred to any of my uncles whether paternal or maternal.

Emeka Esogbue: For people to misconstrue a fictional story to refer to a living person, the storyline must be very realistic. Can you share with our readers what the story was all about?
Nkadi: My story in the Movie was purely fictional. It was about a greedy and terrible uncle. A man, Okorie, despised the future of his nephews, after he masterminded the death of their father, Osadebe. He took away everything that belonged to their late father and was sowing seed of discord amongst the children. Unfortunately, all his wicked deeds backfired against his own son while the Children of Osadebe prospered because they believed in the living God. It is how you treat other people that come back to you. What happens is that whenever I am writing a particular topic, that topic is everything I think at the time. In 2008 when I was writing one of my published books, ‘Light up your destiny’. At a particular time, I had a wonderful revelation that guided and inspired me on what to put down in the book. I have been inspired to write on several titles that people appreciate: some of them are: Overpowering the Spirit of Fear, Quench the spirit of anger, Strengthen your brethren, Fire up your prayer life, The Practice of Faith, Danger of Spiritual Poverty, Problem of Idolatry, Your life and your destiny, Love Your Neighbour, and so many others. Presently, I have authored and published five Christian books and a Novel.

Emeka Esogbue: on entering your office, a large number of movies astonishingly stared me in my face. How many movies have you done so far?
Nkadi: (smiles) I have done quite a lot of films because I have the gift of story-telling. I have produced more than 15 movies and have premiered my movie ‘Legend of Money’ in the UK in 2011. Some of my recent movies are on their way to the cinema. I did ‘Cardinal Scores’, ‘Marital Confusion’, ‘My Wicked Uncle’, ‘Fall of the Legend’, ‘Melting Point’, ‘Climax’, amongst others. At times, I write stories and sell to people who tag them with their names because my schedule can sometimes be very tight for the reason that I have to do other things such as preaching and attending classes for lectures on law.
Emeka Esogbue: The Anioma people will like to know if you have any plan to promote any part of the region with this experience in filmmaking
Nkadi: I was shooting a particular movie in 2010 and as I was interacting with a lady introduced to me to work as costumier, she told me she was from Umueze in Ibusa and on hearing this, I told her she must work with me. When it was time to shoot my other movie, ‘Melting Point’, I also invited her to work with me. More so, Ibusa is my Jerusalem. Remember the Bible says “pray for the peace of Jerusalem, they shall prosper that desire it” Ibusa, Oshimili North, Anioma are my Jerusalem. I remember where I come from in my prayers on daily basis. Since the past few years, I ensure that at least 3 to 4 people from Anioma feature in my Movies. In fact, I have prepared a place that I intend to use as a Movie Academy in Ibusa and gradually putting things together. I am also committed to bringing out the star in our people. Presently, my company is sponsoring and promoting the Music of two youngsters from Ibusa. I started featuring my younger brother in my movies few years ago, and he is the lead-actor in one of my big Films “Climax” which is in Cinemas presently. Fortunately, he grew very fast in the movie industry and is now starring in many popular films; other producers have also featured him. The film academy will discover and develop new talents in Ibusa and help bring out the ambition in our youths particularly the educated ones. Everybody has a gift waiting to manifest for good. The Bible says in Matthew 5:16 “Let your light so shine before men that people will see it and glorify your father in heaven”. There is God-given gift in everyone.
Emeka Esogbue: Evangelist Nkadi, fortunately, you are an illustrious son of this Ibusa and coincidentally too, a clergyman. Well, some people have criticized Pastors in Ibusa on the ground that there is no association of pastors in the community. Our people will like to know whether this association actually exists.
Nkadi: Yes! I have attended meetings of believers association, twice in Ibusa. Maybe I have not been finding time to travel home regularly, these days because of my busy schedule but now I am planning to shoot an epic film which will enable me stay for some weeks in Asaba. I have been invited by a Pastor from Umuekea about three years ago for a crusade but unfortunately I traveled abroad in that year so I could not make the event. Surprisingly, we have young pastors in Ibusa, they have invited me to their Churches both in Lagos and in Delta, and most of them have assisted in selling my books in their Churches. A close friend, Pastor Victor Nwofili from Ubulu-Okiti, an Anioma community is a Regional Overseer with MFM Church. A respected Pastor from Ibusa, Pastor Ike Nwanze has a Church in Asaba, I have preached in that Church several times; we have great men of God like Pastor James Nwaezeigwe, Pastor Ben Nchekwube, Pastor Willy Isichei and many others. I sincerely pray for our people to be more involved in the things of God. I was a guest speaker in a big conference organized in Lagos by a Pastor from Ibusa and it was a huge success. Also, I have been privileged to meet a lot of Anioma men and women who are highly devoted in the things of God.

Emeka Esogbue: Still on Ibusa, trusting on your Ibusa background and experiences of the community, how would you compare Ibusa of the past and Ibusa of the present? Is the community any better?
Nkadi: Well, it depends on your perspective. For me, I would say that our forefathers were more united. What they were able to accomplish has been destroyed by today’s factions in the community. There is this adage that “Unor Ukwu abuhor mgba-aja”. It means that greatness of a community is not measured by the number of big houses but, the unity, love and cohesive interest of the people towards development. In those days, if a man was sick, and for that reason could not go to farm, we, the Otu Okwulegwe (his kinsmen) will organize ourselves and move to his farm, on his behalf to work for him, free of charge. There was no disunity, conspiracy, hatred or antagonism. We loved ourselves. We were eating Ifejioku food together with great joy. Even in the farm, we gather to eat together and there was great happiness among the youths. I have also been told that in the days of my father, when a man, old enough to marry could not afford to build a house, the same Otu Okwulegwe would gather themselves, match to his clan and embark on what we call ‘Izo Aja’ and build a mud house for him. If a man who went to farm did not return, they would go and search for him. Surprisingly, these days, things have changed; brotherly love has been sacrificed on the altar of politics, envy, conspiracy and selfishness. The greatness of a community is based on true brotherly love, family values, attitudes and virtues of the inhabitants.
Emeka Esogbue: Now on Iwu, the festival of your Ibusa people. You hail from Ogbeowele that celebrates this festival. Would you readily conclude that this festival has declined?
Nkadi: there were many festivals in Ibusa when we were growing up. In Ogbeowele, we had the Ine Festival so much revered. During this festival, Ogbeowele people collected drinks from people of other quarters which was a way of getting them to celebrate with us. Women danced separately with excitement; men danced with unique traditional styles and it united us as a people. There was Iwu Festival, which Ogbeowele has always been celebrated in November. I hail from Idumuohene and we sometimes produced the Ohene. We loved Iwu because that was what we grew up with and because it was a festival of love; a festival that made people celebrate and a festival of unity. Unfortunately, the last time I witnessed Iwu was in 1989 due to my strong clergy background but I do not condemn it completely. The good aspect of it should be encouraged. Thank you.

Emeka Esogbue: A lot of our people continue to raise the alarm that moral values have terribly declined among our young ones. What’s your opinion?
Nkadi: Some people wrongly believe that money can solve everything, even when they have seen rich men die of sicknesses that money cannot solve. A lot of our young ones are too far from God. That’s one of the reasons. Again, the system of politics in our place encourages factionalism. The system is divisive. Bible says that “Where envy and strife is, there is confusion and ever evil work”. The Bible further advises that “we must allow brotherly love to continue” We have to be more united as a people, and love the future of our community more than any political position. No matter the position of any man, if his life does not foster peace and build better people of character, he has achieved nothing. I suggest that there should be regular programs to advise our youths. We need unity and brotherly love to prosper our community.
Emeka Esogbue: Is there any other thing you want us to know about you?
Nkadi: Okay, personally, I live my life with humility and Godly love. I am a prayer warrior. I pray and praise God for at least 3 hours every day. I enjoy prayers since I joined Mountain of Fire Ministries in June 1996. I honour God with praises and prayers. When I lived with my father, we were always praying at home, and in our farm; so one day, I asked him why we always had to pray and he answered me that only prayer would help me in future. If you have listened to my Audio CD where I preached on “Fire up your Prayer Life” I told a story of one Mr. Adimabua who was captured during the Nigerian Civil War in 1968. The man is my father, he was ordered to dig his own grave by the ruthless soldiers and was about to be buried alive, but the man kept praying. All of a sudden, a man came from nowhere to rescue him. Prayer saved my father during the war. In 2003, I took some Ibusa youths for deliverance, some years later, a youth called to thank me and I asked him what the thank you was for. He reminded me that he was among the people I once took to Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries for deliverance program. He is now a Pastor and was thanking me for leading him to the way. I believe that my destiny depend on following God. I will continue to pray and advise our people to Love God more than anything else. Only Jesus Can Save.

Emeka Esogbue: evangelist Nkadi, I want to thank you so much for listening to us
Nkadi: God bless you.         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIAMOND JUBILEE AGE: 20 THINGS THE WORLD DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT FRED AJUDUA

DIAMOND JUBILEE AGE: 20 THINGS THE WORLD DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT FRED AJUDUA On January 21 2020, Pen Master paid Chief Fred Ajudua a scheduled visit at his Lagos-VGC Marble Dome Home, a large and imposing house sitting on a hill from where it vigorously engages public views and attention. On entering the house, Pen Master freely walked in and around, in the spirit of the love that always binds the people of Igbuzo. The man, Chief Fred Ajudua often described as the “Architect of Modern Ibusa” is unarguably one of the biggest fish in history to have come out of Ibusa even as it is said that nearly every Ibusa family has benefited from him one way or the other. Beyond what you know about him, there seems many sides you do not know. As the Igbuzo Chief celebrates his 60 th Year birthday, your Pen Master brings you the things you do not know about the highly influential Igbuzo Chief. Pen Master also dug into the Ajudua family photo depository all for your knowledge. Happy reading!

A SHORT HISTORY OF OBOLLO CLAN IN ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA

A SHORT HISTORY OF OBOLLO CLAN IN ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA By Emeka Esogbue Introduction Not many historical literatures on the Obollo people exist for the usual reasons associated with our people who prefer to write the history of mighty and populous peoples already enriched with volumes of historical accounts and records. Thus while there are historical documents on other peoples of Igbo, for Obollo, it is the story of dearth of documents. However, it is within my historical concern that the rich history of this part of Igboland be adequately researched into, documented and preserved for the future generation. I do not hail from this part of Igboland but my historical background, interest and curiosity propelled me towards the acquisition of both oral and written information to put this material together. Geography The various Obollo communities comprising of Obollo Afor, Obollo Etiti, Obollo Eke, Obollo Orie and Obollo Nkwo are strategically situated at the regional bou

SEE HOW ANIOMA PEOPLE DRESS ON THEIR TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE THE ERA OF USING OUR TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE TO PROMOTE ATTIRES OF OTHER GROUPS IN NIGERIA IS GONE

SEE HOW ANIOMA PEOPLE DRESS ON THEIR TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE THE ERA OF USING OUR TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE TO PROMOTE ATTIRES OF OTHER GROUPS IN NIGERIA IS GONE Today is Saturday, conventionally set aside for marriage ceremonies. Awareness on how our Anioma brides and grooms attire themselves during their traditional marriage has fast spread and entrenched. We no longer promote other group's cultural attires because we want them to promote our own instead. I say many thanks to our Anioma cultural advocates on this day because our labours to preserve as well as promote the good cultures of our Anioma society have never been in vain. Noticeable now is that in   time of our traditional marriages, we costume ourselves in Akwa-Ocha which brings out our god-given beauty. A few moments after her traditional marriage in Umuodafe, Ibusa on December 28, inside the Agokei palatial home, I visited former Miss Amaka Thelma Agokei, the bride. I was rather late; but I met this beautiful bride t